EXAMPLE The engine blows off carbon-di-oxide.
Learn English by Lessons
Just Now vs Right Now vs Presently:Commonly Confused Words
Just now, right now and presently are often confusedly replaced with each other, while they don't mean exactly the same, though they have similar connotations.
Hard vs HardlyCommonly Confused Words
Hard and hardly are often confusedly used as similar words. However, they do differ. While hard has a positive connotation, hardly has a very negative impact in a sentence.
First vs FastCommonly Confused Words
First refers to someone or something or someone’s actions which happen before everything else. Fast can both be an adjective and adverb which means quick or quickly.
Learn words by topics :
- Long for ( কামনা করা ) He longed for fame.
- Subject to ( শর্তাধীন ) This is subject to approval of the committee.
- Accompanied by ( সঙ্গী হওয়া ) He was accompanied by his father.
- Tell upon ( ক্ষতি করা ) Over-eating tells upon health.
- Search for ( অনুসন্ধান ) Their search for the thing was of no avail.
- Useful to ( প্রয়োজনীয় (ব্যক্তি) ) This book is useful to us for examination.
- Call to mind ( স্মরণ করা ) I cannot call to mind your name.
- In the long run ( পরিশেষে ) You will have to suffer in the long run.
- To and fro ( এদিন-ওদিক ) Being unable to make up his mind the man is walking to and fro.
- At all ( আদৌ ) He does not know French at all.
- throw dust in ones hands full ( কারো চোখে ধূলো দেওয়া )
- Bird of a feather ( এক রকম স্বভাবের লোক ) Birds of a feather flock together.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions