EXAMPLE The engine blows off carbon-di-oxide.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Depend on ( নির্ভর করা ) Success depends on hard work.
- Think over ( চিন্তা করা (কোনকিছু) ) Think carefully over his advice.
- Fit for ( যোগ্য ) He is not fit for the job.
- Disgusted at ( বিরক্ত ) I am disgusted with him at his conduct.
- Due to ( কারণে ) His absence is due to illness.
- Limit to ( সীমা ) You should have a limit to your demands.
- Rank and file ( সাধারণ লোক ) We should pay attention to the rank and file of the country.
- Hold good ( প্রযুক্ত হওয়া ) This ruls will not hold good here.
- Bring to light ( প্রকাশ করা ) At last all the facts were brought to light.
- word of no implication ( কথার কথা )
- A blessing in disguise ( বিপরীতে হিত ; প্রথমে খারাপ হিসেবে মনে হলেও পরবর্তীতে ভালো হয় ) Sam's motorcycle accident was a blessing in disguise because he got enough insurance money.
- Breathe one's last ( মারা যাওয়া ) The old man breathed his last on Sunday last.