EXAMPLE The engine blows off carbon-di-oxide.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Ashamed for ( লজ্জিত ) I feel ashamed for you.
- Famous for ( বিখ্যাত ) Radhanager is famous for the birth place of Raja Rammohan.
- Heir to ( উত্তরাধিকারী (সম্পত্তি) ) He is the heir to his uncle’s property.
- Similar to ( সদৃশ ) This pen is similar to that.
- Enquire of ( অনুসন্ধান করা (ব্যক্তি) ) He enquired of me into the matter.
- Occupied with ( নিয়োজিত (কাজ) ) He is occupied with his studies.
- In the nick of time ( ঠিক সময়ে ) The school team arrived in the nick of time.
- Above all ( প্রধানত ; সর্বোপরি ) We should be kind, polite, and above all honest.
- when pigs fly ( কখনও না ) I will help you when pigs fly
- Steer clear of ( এড়াইয়া চলা ) You must steer clear of evil company.
- be in ones bad books ( কারও অপ্রিয় হওয়া )
- slap on the wrist ( মৃদু শাস্তি ) Although he broke the rules, he was only given a slap on the wrist