EXAMPLE This house is no more belongs to him.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Send for ( ডেকে পাঠানো ) Send for a doctor immediately.
- Lack of ( অভাব ) I have no lack of friends.
- Divide among ( ভাগ করা (দুইয়ের অধিক) ) Divide the mangoes among the boys.
- Die for ( মারা যাওয়া (কারণ) ) He died for his country.
- Deaf of ( বধির ) He is deaf of one ear.
- Quarrel over ( কলহ করা (কোনকিছু) ) They quarreled with one another over the property.
- All but ( প্রায় ) The poor villagers are all but ruined.
- Stick to ( দৃঢ়ভাবে লেগে থাকা ) He sticks to his decision.
- Moot point ( অমীমাংসিত বিষয় ) Dowry system is still a moot point in Bangladesh.
- Hush money ( ঘুষ ) He offered a hush money to suppress the murder.
- As usual ( যথারীতি ) He is late as usual.
- Flesh and blood ( রক্তমাংসের শরীর ) Flesh and blood cannot bear with such insults.