EXAMPLE I do not believe in his honesty.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Count upon ( নির্ভর করা ) I count upon your help for this work.
- Afraid of ( ভীত ) I am not afraid of ghosts.
- Opposite to ( বিপরীত ) Your idea is opposite to mine.
- Quarrel with ( কলহ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) They quarreled with one another for the property.
- Close to ( নিকটে ) The school is very close to our house.
- Annoyed for ( বিরক্ত (কোন কিছু) ) I was annoyed for the music.
- A blessing in disguise ( বিপরীতে হিত ; প্রথমে খারাপ হিসেবে মনে হলেও পরবর্তীতে ভালো হয় ) Sam's motorcycle accident was a blessing in disguise because he got enough insurance money.
- Irony of fate ( ভাগ্যের পরিহাস ) He could not succeed by irony of fate.
- Null and void ( বাতিল ) The deed has been null and void now.
- Make both ends meet ( আয়ব্যয় মেলানো ) I cannot make both ends meet with my small income.
- Set free ( মুক্ত করা ) The prisoners were set free.
- By far ( সর্বাংশে ) He is by far the best boy in the class.