EXAMPLE His patience bore him up in that crisis.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Argue with ( যূক্তি দেখানো (ব্যক্তি) ) I argued with him for the point.
- Appeal for ( আবেদন করা (কোন কিছু) ) He appealed for pardon.
- Essential to ( অত্যাবশ্যক ) Food is essential to health.
- Charge with ( অভিযোগ করা (ত্রুটি) ) He was charged with theft.
- Resign to ( আত্মসমর্পন করা (স্বয়ং) ) I resigned myself to fate
- Supply to ( যোগান দেওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) He supplied food to us.
- Build castles in the air ( আকাশ কুসুম চিন্তা করা ) Don't idle away your time in building castles in the air.
- In force ( বলবৎ ) This law is in force now.
- In a fix ( মুশকিলে পতিত ) He is in a fix and does not know what to do.
- Come off with flying colours ( জয়লাভ করা ) Our School team came off with flying colours.
- Achilles heel ( দুর্বলতা বা ত্রুটি ) He is trying to hide but everybody knows his achilles' heel
- Flesh and blood ( রক্তমাংসের শরীর ) Flesh and blood cannot bear with such insults.