EXAMPLE His patience bore him up in that crisis.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Differ from ( ভিন্নরূপ হওয়া ) This thing differs from that.
- Sanguine of ( নিশ্চিত ) She is sanguine of her success.
- Grateful for ( কৃতজ্ঞ (কোনকিছু) ) I am grateful to you for your help.
- Absent from ( অনুপস্থিত ) Rifat was absent from college.
- Worthy of ( যোগ্য ) He is worthy of our praise.
- Listen to ( শোনা ) Listen to the news on the radio.
- Dead of night ( মধ্য রাত্রি ) The robbers broke into the house at dead of night.
- Man of straw ( অপদার্থ লোক ) We do not care a fig for a man of straw like him.
- Out of doors ( বাহিরে ) It is rather cold out of doors.
- Moot point ( অমীমাংসিত বিষয় ) Dowry system is still a moot point in Bangladesh.
- At least ( অন্ততঃ ) At least one hundred boys will come to school today.
- Three R's ( প্রাথমিক শিক্ষা ) The majority of our people have not yet learnt the three R's.