EXAMPLE His patience bore him up in that crisis.
Learn English by Lessons
Very Much vs Too MuchCommonly Confused Words
Very much used for adding more emphasis; while too much means ‘to a much higher extent’ particularly for someone/something.
Very vs TooCommonly Confused Words
Very emphasizes the degree of adjectives and adverbs. Too defined as ‘to a high degree or extent’ particularly for someone or something.
Very vs MuchCommonly Confused Words
Very is preceded by Adjective’s positive degree. Much is preceded by comparative degree and past participle.
Learn words by topics :
- Guess at ( অনুমান করা ) Can you guess at her age?
- Charge on or against ( অভিযোগ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) Theft was charged on (against) him.
- Triumph over ( জয় করা ) Jim and Della triumphed over their poverty.
- Zeal for ( প্রবল উৎসাহ ) He has a zeal for social work.
- Live beyond ( বাঁচা ) He lives beyond his means.
- Eager about ( আগ্রহী ) He is eager about the result.
- be in ones bad books ( কারও অপ্রিয় হওয়া )
- ABC ( প্রাথমিক জ্ঞান ) Everybody must know at least the ABC of religion.
- At a loss ( হতবু্দ্ধি ; কিংকর্তব্যবিমূঢ় ) He was at a loss and did not know what to do.
- Fight shy ( এড়িয়ে চলা ) Why do you fight shy of your teacher.
- By the by ( প্রসঙ্গক্রমে ) By the by I came to know that he was ill.
- Red letter day ( স্মরণীয় দিন ) The 21 February is a red letter day in the history of Bangladesh.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions
English Grammar App
Download ইংরেজি গ্রামার (English-Bangla) App