EXAMPLE His evidence does not bear out the charge.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Enter into ( প্রবেশ করা ) He entered into the room.
- Quarrel for ( কলহ করা (কোনকিছু) ) They quarreled with one another for the property.
- Argue with ( যূক্তি দেখানো (ব্যক্তি) ) I argued with him for the point.
- Lame of ( খোঁড়া ) He is lame of one leg.
- Clue to ( সূত্র ) Find out the clue to the mystery.
- Want of ( অভাব ) We have no want of money.
- Cut a sorry figure ( খারাপ ফল করা ) He cuts a sorry figure in the examination.
- reinvent the wheel ( এমন কোনকিছু তৈরিতে সময় নষ্ট করা যা বর্তমানে বিদ্যমান ও ঠিকঠাক কাজ করে ) There's no point in us reinventing the wheel
- In full swing ( পুরাদমে ) The school is now in full swing.
- Do yeoman's service ( বিশেষ উপকার করা ) Raja Rammohan Roy has done yeoman's service to our country.
- Nip in the bud ( অঙ্কুরে বিনষ্ট করা ) All his hopes were nipped in the bud.
- vile sycophant ( খঁয়ের খা )