EXAMPLE His evidence does not bear out the charge.
Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Annoyed for ( বিরক্ত (কোন কিছু) ) I was annoyed for the music.
- Rest upon ( নির্ভর করা ; বিশ্বাসস্থাপন করা ) I rest upon your promise.
- Opportunity for ( সুযোগ ) I have no opportunity for (of) doing the work.
- Allot to ( বিলি করা ) One room has been allotted to him.
- Supply with ( যোগান দেওয়া (কোন জিনিস) ) He supplied us with food.
- Pass away ( মারা যাওয়া ) He passes away last night.
- At sixes and sevens ( বিশৃঙ্খলা অবস্থায় ) All the furniture in the room were at sixes and sevens.
- End in smoke ( ব্যর্থ হওয়া ) All his plans ended in smoke.
- Make both ends meet ( আয়ব্যয় মেলানো ) I cannot make both ends meet with my small income.
- In a hurry ( তাড়াহুড়ার মধ্যে ) Don't do the work in a hurry.
- At stake ( বিপন্ন ) His life is at stake now.
- Turn down ( প্রত্যাখান করা ) He turned down my proposal.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions