SYNONYM relate to.
EXAMPLE His remark does not bear on this subject.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Accustomed to ( অভ্যস্ত ) I am accustomed to such a life.
- Look up ( শব্দার্থ খোঁজা ) Look up the word in the dictionary.
- Respond to ( উত্তর দেওয়া ) Nobody responded to my call.
- Ignorant of ( অজ্ঞ ) He is ignorant of this rule.
- Quick of ( চটপটে ) He is quick of understanding.
- Plead with ( ওকালতি করা (ব্যক্তি) ) I pleaded with him for justice.
- Beat about the bush ( কাজের কথায় না এসে আজেবাজে কথা বলা ) Please come to the point without beating about the bush
- As if ( যেন ) He swims so beautifully as if he is the Olympic gold medalist.
- Beat black and blue ( প্রচন্ড প্রহার করা ; উত্তম-মধ্যম দেওয়া ) They beat the thief black and blue.
- Stone's throw ( অতি নিকটে ) Our school is at a stone's throw form our house.
- Maiden speech ( প্রথম বক্তৃতা ) His maiden speech fell flat on the audience.
- To and fro ( এদিন-ওদিক ) Being unable to make up his mind the man is walking to and fro.