SYNONYM relate to.
EXAMPLE His remark does not bear on this subject.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Greed for ( লোভ ) He has no greed for wealth.
- Aim at ( লক্ষ্য করা ) He aimed his gun at he bird.
- Based on ( ভিত্তি থাকা ) Your remarks were not based on the facts.
- Bound for ( যাত্রার জন্য প্রস্তুত ) The ship is bound for England.
- Live for ( বেঁচে থাকা ) He lives for fame.
- Rob of ( অপহরণ করা ) Somebody robbed him of his purse.
- when pigs fly ( কখনও না ) I will help you when pigs fly
- Cats and dogs ( মূষল ধারে ) It was raining cats and dogs.
- At bay ( কোনঠাসা ) The tiger was at bay in the bush.
- Red tape ( লাল ফিতার বাঁধন ; আমলাতান্ত্রিকতা ) Red tapism causes delay in official work.
- Bring to light ( প্রকাশ করা ) At last all the facts were brought to light.
- Far and wide ( সর্বত্র ) His fame as a scholar spread far and wide