SYNONYM win ; bear off.
EXAMPLE He bore away (off) four prizes in the annual sports.
Learn English by Lessons
Very Much vs Too MuchCommonly Confused Words
Very much used for adding more emphasis; while too much means ‘to a much higher extent’ particularly for someone/something.
Very vs TooCommonly Confused Words
Very emphasizes the degree of adjectives and adverbs. Too defined as ‘to a high degree or extent’ particularly for someone or something.
Very vs MuchCommonly Confused Words
Very is preceded by Adjective’s positive degree. Much is preceded by comparative degree and past participle.
Learn words by topics :
- Kind to ( সদয় ) She is very kind to the children.
- Responsible for ( দায়ী (কোন কার্জ) ) He is responsible to the committee for his action.
- Affectionate to ( স্নেহশীল ) He is affectionate to me.
- Void of ( বিহীন ) He is void of common sense.
- Occupied in ( নিয়োজিত ) He is occupied in writing a letter.
- Mad with ( উন্মাদ প্রায় ) He is mad with pain.
- Bag and baggage ( তল্পিতল্পাসহ ) He left the place bag and baggage.
- Get rid of ( মুক্তি পাওয়া ) Try to get rid of that rogue.
- In fine ( পরিশেষ ) In fine he declared his plan.
- Bone of contention ( বিবাদের বিষয় ) The paternal property is the bone of contention between the two brothers.
- As usual ( যথারীতি ) He is late as usual.
- Dead of night ( মধ্য রাত্রি ) The robbers broke into the house at dead of night.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions
English Grammar App
Download ইংরেজি গ্রামার (English-Bangla) App