SYNONYM win ; bear off.
EXAMPLE He bore away (off) four prizes in the annual sports.
Learn English by Lessons
Very Much vs Too MuchCommonly Confused Words
Very much used for adding more emphasis; while too much means ‘to a much higher extent’ particularly for someone/something.
Very vs TooCommonly Confused Words
Very emphasizes the degree of adjectives and adverbs. Too defined as ‘to a high degree or extent’ particularly for someone or something.
Very vs MuchCommonly Confused Words
Very is preceded by Adjective’s positive degree. Much is preceded by comparative degree and past participle.
Learn words by topics :
- Quick at ( চটপটে ) He is quick at figures.
- Similar to ( সদৃশ ) This pen is similar to that.
- Unite with ( ঐক্যবদ্ধ হওয়া ) Be united with your friends.
- Avail of ( সুযোগ গ্রহণ করা ) You must avail yourself of the business.
- Relevant to ( প্রাসঙ্গিক ) Your remark is not relevant to the point.
- Quarrel over ( কলহ করা (কোনকিছু) ) They quarreled with one another over the property.
- Moot point ( অমীমাংসিত বিষয় ) Dowry system is still a moot point in Bangladesh.
- A rainy day ( দুর্দিন ) Everybody should save something for rainy day.
- Bring to book ( শাস্তি দেওয়া ) He should be brought to book for his misconduct.
- a piece of cake ( খুবই সহজ ) This assignment is a piece of cake
- Make both ends meet ( আয়ব্যয় মেলানো ) I cannot make both ends meet with my small income.
- In a fix ( মুশকিলে পতিত ) He is in a fix and does not know what to do.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions
English Grammar App
Download ইংরেজি গ্রামার (English-Bangla) App