SYNONYM win ; bear off.
EXAMPLE He bore away (off) four prizes in the annual sports.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Deaf to ( শুনতে অনিচ্ছুক ) He is deaf to my request.
- Remind of ( মনে করিয়ে দেওয়া (কোনকিছু) ) I reminded him of his promise.
- Require of ( প্রয়োজন হওয়া (কোন কিছু) ) I required a loan of him.
- Take after ( সদৃশ হওয়া ) The boy takes after his father.
- Justice to ( ন্যায় বিচার ) We should do justice to everybody.
- Responsible for ( দায়ী (কোন কার্জ) ) He is responsible to the committee for his action.
- Cock and bull story ( গাঁজাখুরি গল্প ) Nobody will believe your cock and bull story
- At arm’s length ( দূরে ) Try to keep the bad boy at arm’s length.
- At last ( অবশেষে ) I got my missing book at last.
- Make both ends meet ( আয়ব্যয় মেলানো ) I cannot make both ends meet with my small income.
- To and fro ( এদিন-ওদিক ) Being unable to make up his mind the man is walking to and fro.
- Heart and soul ( সর্বান্তঃকরণে ) Try heard and soul and you will succeed.