SYNONYM win ; bear off.
EXAMPLE He bore away (off) four prizes in the annual sports.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Rid of ( মুক্ত হওয়া ) Get rid of bad company.
- Insist on ( জিদ করা ) He insisted on my going home.
- Succeed in ( সাফল্য লাভ করা ) He will succeed in life.
- Engaged with ( নিযুক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) I was engaged with him in talk.
- Agree to ( একমত হওয়া (প্রস্তাব) ) I can't agree to the proposals.
- Trust to ( বিশ্বাস করা (ব্যক্তি) ) You may trust the work to me.
- word of no implication ( কথার কথা )
- Apple of discord ( বিবাদেয় বিষয় ) The paternal property has become an apple of discord between the two brothers.
- keep your chin up ( সুখি হওয়া ) His attempt keep your chin up
- As if ( যেন ) He swims so beautifully as if he is the Olympic gold medalist.
- In fine ( পরিশেষ ) In fine he declared his plan.
- Stick to ( দৃঢ়ভাবে লেগে থাকা ) He sticks to his decision.