EXAMPLE Your remarks were not based on the facts.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Lament for ( বিলাপ করা ) She lamented for her child.
- Faithful to ( বিশ্বস্ত ) The dog is faithful to his master.
- Hanker after ( লালায়িত হওয়া ) Do not hanker after wealth.
- Angry at ( রাগান্বিত (কারো আচরণ) ) I am angry at your conduct.
- Sensible of ( বোধ সম্পন্ন ) She is sensible of the risk.
- Capacity for ( যোগ্যতা ) He has a capacity for hard work.
- a rotten apple ( কোনো একটা দলের সব ভালোর মধ্যে খারাপ বা মন্দটা ) In any group of average citizens there are bound to be a few rotten apples.
- breathe out ( নিঃশ্বাস ত্যাগ করা ) At last, he breathed his last breath out, and that was the end.
- Bring to book ( শাস্তি দেওয়া ) He should be brought to book for his misconduct.
- Call to mind ( স্মরণ করা ) I cannot call to mind your name.
- At one’s wit’s end ( হতবুদ্ধি ) He was at his wit’s end and did not know what to do.
- Call in question ( সন্দেহ করা ) No one can call his honesty in question.