EXAMPLE Your remarks were not based on the facts.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Unite with ( ঐক্যবদ্ধ হওয়া ) Be united with your friends.
- Hanker after ( লালায়িত হওয়া ) Do not hanker after wealth.
- Play on ( বাজানো ) He played on guitar.
- Vexed with ( বিরক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) He is vexed with me at my conduct.
- Quick at ( চটপটে ) He is quick at figures.
- Qualified for ( যোগ্য ) He is qualified for the post.
- At a stretch ( একটানা ) He can run ten miles at a stretch.
- Beggar description ( বর্ণনাতীত ) The beauty of the Taj beggars description.
- In the nick of time ( ঠিক সময়ে ) The school team arrived in the nick of time.
- Kith and kin ( নিকট আত্মীয় ) He has no good relationship with his kith and kin.
- Flesh and blood ( রক্তমাংসের শরীর ) Flesh and blood cannot bear with such insults.
- when pigs fly ( কখনও না ) I will help you when pigs fly