SYNONYM reverse ; support.
EXAMPLE You'll have to back up your car so that I can get out. My wife backed me up over my decision to quit my job.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Tolerant of ( সহিষ্ণু ) We must be tolerant of opposition.
- Attend on ( সেবা করা ) She attends on her mother.
- Equal with ( সমতুল্য (ব্যক্তি) ) Mr.Karim is equal in rank with Mr.Rahim.
- Anxious about ( উদ্বিগ্ন ) I am anxious about my health.
- Smell of ( গন্ধ দেয় ) This glass smells of wine.
- Grateful for ( কৃতজ্ঞ (কোনকিছু) ) I am grateful to you for your help.
- in the doldrums ( উদাসীন ভাবাপন্ন )
- By no means ( কোন ভাবেই না ) I shall by no means call on him.
- cringing flatterer ( খঁয়ের খা )
- Above all ( প্রধানত ; সর্বোপরি ) We should be kind, polite, and above all honest.
- Out of sorts ( ঈষৎ অসুস্থ ) He is out of sorts now.
- On the spur of the moment ( মুহুর্তের উত্তেজনায় ) He did it on the spur of the moment.