SYNONYM reverse ; support.
EXAMPLE You'll have to back up your car so that I can get out. My wife backed me up over my decision to quit my job.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Afraid of ( ভীত ) I am not afraid of ghosts.
- Compare with ( তুলনা করা (সদৃশ বস্তু) ) Rabindranath may be compared with Shakespeare.
- Pretend to ( ভান করা ) He does not pretend to high birth.
- Argue for ( যূক্তি দেখানো (কোন কিছু) ) I argued with him for the point.
- Confined in ( আবদ্ধ (কক্ষ) ) He is confined in a room for five days.
- Wish for ( আকাঙ্খা করা ) I do not wish for name and fame.
- At a loss ( হতবু্দ্ধি ; কিংকর্তব্যবিমূঢ় ) He was at a loss and did not know what to do.
- Dead against ( তীব্র বিরোধী ) I am dead against his proposal.
- To the contrary ( কাহারও বক্তব্যের বিপক্ষে ) In the court he said nothing to the contrary.
- By all means ( সবর্প্রকার ) Try to do it by all means.
- Fish out of water ( অস্বস্তিকর অবস্থায় ) When he came to the village, he felt like a fish out of water.
- At a low ebb ( নিম্নমুখী ) His fame is at a low ebb now.