EXAMPLE Man should aware of the danger of environment pollution.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Familiar with ( সুপরিচিত ) He is familiar with my brother.
- Delight in ( আনন্দ ) He takes delight in music.
- False to ( মিথ্যাবাদী ) I cannot be false to my friend.
- Busy with ( ব্যস্ত ) He is busy with his studies.
- Favour with ( অনুগত করা ) Would you favour me with an early reply?
- Respond to ( উত্তর দেওয়া ) Nobody responded to my call.
- Bring to book ( শাস্তি দেওয়া ) He should be brought to book for his misconduct.
- blue blood ( অভিজাত বংশের রক্ত বহনকারী )
- At a loss ( হতবু্দ্ধি ; কিংকর্তব্যবিমূঢ় ) He was at a loss and did not know what to do.
- by dint of ( ফলে (সাধারণত বল প্রয়োগের ফলে) )
- Chip of the old block ( বাপকা বেটা ) He is a chip of the old black.
- word of no implication ( কথার কথা )