EXAMPLE She attends upon her mother.
Learn English by Lessons
Just Now vs Right Now vs Presently:Commonly Confused Words
Just now, right now and presently are often confusedly replaced with each other, while they don't mean exactly the same, though they have similar connotations.
Hard vs HardlyCommonly Confused Words
Hard and hardly are often confusedly used as similar words. However, they do differ. While hard has a positive connotation, hardly has a very negative impact in a sentence.
First vs FastCommonly Confused Words
First refers to someone or something or someone’s actions which happen before everything else. Fast can both be an adjective and adverb which means quick or quickly.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Envy of ( ঈর্ষা ) I have no envy of him.
- Destined to ( ভাগ্য নির্দিষ্ট ) He was destined to death.
- Pass away ( মারা যাওয়া ) He passes away last night.
- Attend upon ( সেবা করা ) She attends upon her mother.
- Assign to ( নির্দিষ্ট করে দেওয়া ) He assigned the task to me.
- Prefer to ( অধিক পছন্দ করা ) I prefer coffee to tea.
- Fish out of water ( অস্বস্তিকর অবস্থায় ) When he came to the village, he felt like a fish out of water.
- Cut to the quick ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) I was cut to the quick by his words.
- Bring to light ( প্রকাশ করা ) At last all the facts were brought to light.
- A bed of roses ( সুখ-স্বাচ্ছন্দ্যপূর্ণ জীবন ) Many people think that life is a bed of roses
- As usual ( যথারীতি ) He is late as usual.
- loose cannon ( অপ্রত্যাশিত ) He is a bit of a loose cannon.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions