EXAMPLE She attends upon her mother.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Take after ( সদৃশ হওয়া ) The boy takes after his father.
- Belong to ( অধিকারে থাকা ) This house is no more belongs to him.
- Need for ( প্রয়োজনীয় ) I have no need for more money.
- Engaged in ( নিযুক্ত (কাজে) ) I was engaged with him in talk.
- Think of ( চিন্তা করা (ব্যক্তি) ) What do you think of (about) him?
- Sensitive to ( সংবেদনশীল ) She is sensitive to cold.
- A bed of roses ( সুখ-স্বাচ্ছন্দ্যপূর্ণ জীবন ) Many people think that life is a bed of roses
- Irony of fate ( ভাগ্যের পরিহাস ) He could not succeed by irony of fate.
- Above all ( প্রধানত ; সর্বোপরি ) We should be kind, polite, and above all honest.
- In a fix ( মুশকিলে পতিত ) He is in a fix and does not know what to do.
- Turn over a new leaf ( নূতনের সূচনা ) After his failure he turned over a new leaf.
- Read between the lines ( তাৎপর্য বোঝা ) Try to read between the lines of the letter.