EXAMPLE Attend to your lesson.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Blind of ( দৃষ্টিশক্তিতে অন্ধ ) He is blind of one eye.
- Engaged with ( নিযুক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) I was engaged with him in talk.
- Taste for ( রুচি ) She has no taste for music.
- Glance at ( চোখ বুলিয়ে নেওয়া ) He glanced at me casually.
- Sick of ( পীড়িত, ক্লান্ত ) He is sick for home.
- Lack of ( অভাব ) I have no lack of friends.
- From A to Z ( প্রথম হইতে শেষ পয্র্ন্ত ) The statement is true from A to Z.
- By hook or by crook ( যে কোন উপায়ে ) You must do this work by hook or by crook.
- Hue and cry ( শোরগোল ) The villagers raised a hue and cry to see the thief.
- To the contrary ( কাহারও বক্তব্যের বিপক্ষে ) In the court he said nothing to the contrary.
- To and fro ( এদিন-ওদিক ) Being unable to make up his mind the man is walking to and fro.
- In the nick of time ( ঠিক সময়ে ) The school team arrived in the nick of time.