EXAMPLE Attend to your lesson.
Learn English by Lessons
Just Now vs Right Now vs Presently:Commonly Confused Words
Just now, right now and presently are often confusedly replaced with each other, while they don't mean exactly the same, though they have similar connotations.
Hard vs HardlyCommonly Confused Words
Hard and hardly are often confusedly used as similar words. However, they do differ. While hard has a positive connotation, hardly has a very negative impact in a sentence.
First vs FastCommonly Confused Words
First refers to someone or something or someone’s actions which happen before everything else. Fast can both be an adjective and adverb which means quick or quickly.
Learn words by topics :
- Wait on ( সেবা করা ) The nurse waited on the patient.
- Callous to ( উদাসীন ) He is callous to my suffering.
- Heir to ( উত্তরাধিকারী (সম্পত্তি) ) He is the heir to his uncle’s property.
- Persist in ( লেগে থাকা ) He persisted in disturbing me.
- Ignorant of ( অজ্ঞ ) He is ignorant of this rule.
- Live within ( বাঁচা ) He live within his means
- Heart and soul ( সর্বান্তঃকরণে ) Try heard and soul and you will succeed.
- Take one to task ( তিরস্কার করা ) He was taken to task for negligence of duty.
- On the contrary ( বিপরীত পক্ষে ) I do not hate him: on the contrary I love him.
- bad debts ( অশোধ্য বা অনাদায়ী ঋন ; যে ঋন শোধ করা যাবে না )
- Lion's share ( সিংহভাগ ) He took the lion's share of the profit.
- Dead language ( যে ভাষা এখন আর কথ্য নয় ) Sanskrit is a rich language, but it is now a dead language.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions