EXAMPLE She attends on her mother.
Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Eligible for ( যোগ্য ) He is eligible for the post.
- Long for ( কামনা করা ) He longed for fame.
- Trust to ( বিশ্বাস করা (ব্যক্তি) ) You may trust the work to me.
- Make for ( অগ্রসর হওয়া ) The ship made for England.
- Admit into ( প্রবেশাধিকার দেওয়া ) He was admitted into the room.
- Plead with ( ওকালতি করা (ব্যক্তি) ) I pleaded with him for justice.
- Head and ears ( সম্পূর্ণরূপে ) He is over head and ears in debt.
- Gala Day ( উৎসবের দিন ) The 15th August is a gala day to the Indians.
- Kith and kin ( নিকট আত্মীয় ) He has no good relationship with his kith and kin.
- At dagger drawn ( খড়গহস্ত ) The two brothers are now at daggers drawn.
- Now and then ( মাঝে মাঝে ) He comes here now and then.
- Dead language ( যে ভাষা এখন আর কথ্য নয় ) Sanskrit is a rich language, but it is now a dead language.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions