EXAMPLE She attends on her mother.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Diffident of ( সন্দিগ্ধ ) I am diffident of success.
- Ashamed for ( লজ্জিত ) I feel ashamed for you.
- Count upon ( নির্ভর করা ) I count upon your help for this work.
- Laugh at ( বিদ্রুপ করা ) Do not taught at the poor.
- Callous to ( উদাসীন ) He is callous to my suffering.
- Slow of ( ধীর ) He is slow of speech. He is slow at figures. He is slow in writing.
- be up and doing ( উঠে-পড়ে লাগা )
- In vain ( বৃথা ) All his attempts were in vain.
- big cheese ( দলের বা পরিবারের সবচেয়ে গুরুত্বপূর্ণ ব্যক্তি ) He is the big cheese who control everything in our group.
- pulling your leg ( কৌতক করা ) Do not take it seriously, i was just pulling you leg
- By and large ( প্রধানতঃ ) People in our village are by and large farmers.
- live by ones wit ( কথা বেচে খাওয়া )