SYNONYM at distant intervals ; occasionally
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Retire from ( অবসর লওয়া ) He retired from service on a pension.
- Wonder at ( অবাক হওয়া ) I wonder at his ignorance.
- Invite to ( নিমন্ত্রণ করা ) I invited him to dinner.
- Contribute to ( দান হিসাবে দেওয়া ) He contributed one thousand taka to the Flood Relief Fund.
- According to ( অনুসারে ) According to his order i went there.
- Clue to ( সূত্র ) Find out the clue to the mystery.
- Call to mind ( স্মরণ করা ) I cannot call to mind your name.
- bell the cat ( সর্তকতার জন্য বিড়ালের গলায় ঘন্টা বাধা ; কোন কাজ যেটা অর্জন করা কঠিন বা অসম্ভব ) Everybody is trying but who actually bell the cat?
- word of no implication ( কথার কথা )
- Pros and cons ( খুঁটিনাটি ) You should consider the Pros and cons of the system.
- Hue and cry ( শোরগোল ) The villagers raised a hue and cry to see the thief.
- Heart and soul ( সর্বান্তঃকরণে ) Try heard and soul and you will succeed.