Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Assign to ( নির্দিষ্ট করে দেওয়া ) He assigned the task to me.
- Senior to ( বয়সে বড়, উচ্চপদস্থ ) He is senior to me by four years.
- Compete with ( প্রতিযোগিতা করা (কোন একজন) ) I competed with him for the first prize.
- Acquit of ( খালাস দেওয়া ) High court acquit him of the charge.
- Based on ( ভিত্তি থাকা ) Your remarks were not based on the facts.
- Long for ( কামনা করা ) He longed for fame.
- Red letter day ( স্মরণীয় দিন ) The 21 February is a red letter day in the history of Bangladesh.
- On the whole ( মোটের উপর ) On the whole, his conduct is good.
- Dead of night ( মধ্য রাত্রি ) The robbers broke into the house at dead of night.
- Through thick and thin ( বাধা বিপত্তির মধ্য দিয়ে ) Reveka followed her husband through thick and thin.
- walk in someone shoes ( কারো অভিজ্ঞতা বা অবস্থানে থাকা বোঝায় ) When you walk in my shoes, you might understand.
- On the wane ( হ্রাসমান ) His fame is on the wane now.