Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Jump at ( আগ্রহ সহকারে গ্রহণ করা ) Do not jump at the offer.
- Attach to ( জুড়ে দেওয়া ) Attach this file to the email.
- Impose on ( চাপানো ) The task was imposed on him.
- Engaged with ( নিযুক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) I was engaged with him in talk.
- Senior to ( বয়সে বড়, উচ্চপদস্থ ) He is senior to me by four years.
- Interest in ( আগ্রহ ) He has a special interest in history.
- put a spoke to ones wheel ( কারও উন্নতিতে বাধা হওয়া )
- Moot point ( অমীমাংসিত বিষয় ) Dowry system is still a moot point in Bangladesh.
- Far and wide ( সর্বত্র ) His fame as a scholar spread far and wide
- under the weather ( ভাল না ; অসুস্থ ) I've been feeling under the weather
- Steer clear of ( এড়াইয়া চলা ) You must steer clear of evil company.
- Crying need ( জরুরী প্রয়োজন ) Mass education is the crying need of Bangladesh.