SYNONYM at the most ; at the utmost computation
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Prefer to ( অধিক পছন্দ করা ) I prefer coffee to tea.
- Lame of ( খোঁড়া ) He is lame of one leg.
- Inquire about ( অনুসন্ধান করা (কোন ব্যপার) ) I inquired of him about (into) the matter.
- Persist in ( লেগে থাকা ) He persisted in disturbing me.
- Obsessed with ( উদ্বিগ্ন ) He is obsessed with the idea.
- Afraid of ( ভীত ) I am not afraid of ghosts.
- In cold blood ( ঠান্ডা মাথায় ) They committed this murder in cold blood.
- be up and doing ( উঠে-পড়ে লাগা )
- Achilles heel ( দুর্বলতা বা ত্রুটি ) He is trying to hide but everybody knows his achilles' heel
- At one’s own sweet will ( খুশি মতো ) He still does it at his own sweet will.
- A bed of roses ( সুখ-স্বাচ্ছন্দ্যপূর্ণ জীবন ) Many people think that life is a bed of roses
- pound of flesh ( এক চুল এদিক ওদিক নয় )