SYNONYM at the most ; at the utmost computation
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Hope for ( আশা করা ) Let us hope for the best.
- Busy with ( ব্যস্ত ) He is busy with his studies.
- Aim at ( লক্ষ্য করা ) He aimed his gun at he bird.
- Provide with ( সরবরাহ করা (কোন জিনিস) ) I provide (supply) him with food.
- Rely on ( নির্ভর করা ) You can rely on him.
- Compare with ( তুলনা করা (সদৃশ বস্তু) ) Rabindranath may be compared with Shakespeare.
- Hold water ( ধোপে টেকা ; কার্যকরি হওয়া ) This policy will not hold water in this situation.
- clever hit ( কথার মতন কথা )
- Pros and cons ( খুঁটিনাটি ) You should consider the Pros and cons of the system.
- A bolt from the blue ( সম্পূর্ন অপ্রত্যাশিত ) The news of his father's death came to him as a bolt from the blue.
- Three R's ( প্রাথমিক শিক্ষা ) The majority of our people have not yet learnt the three R's.
- At sixes and sevens ( বিশৃঙ্খলা অবস্থায় ) All the furniture in the room were at sixes and sevens.