EXAMPLE He assigned the task to me.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Angry at ( রাগান্বিত (কারো আচরণ) ) I am angry at your conduct.
- Close to ( নিকটে ) The school is very close to our house.
- Accused of ( অভিযুক্ত ) He is accused of corruption.
- Dispose of ( বিক্রয় করা ) He disposed of his books.
- Lacking in ( অভাব আছে এমন ) He is lacking in courage.
- Vain of ( অহঙ্কারী ) She is vain of her beauty.
- Fish in a troubled water ( এলোমোলো অবস্থায় সুযোগ নেওয়া ) He made a lot of money by fishing in a troubled water.
- Widow's mite ( দরিদ্রর ক্ষুদ্র দান ) A widow's mite is no less important than a large contribution of a rich man.
- At a loss ( হতবু্দ্ধি ; কিংকর্তব্যবিমূঢ় ) He was at a loss and did not know what to do.
- From hand to mouth ( দিন আনে দিন খায় ) The poor man lives form hand to mouth.
- Chip of the old block ( বাপকা বেটা ) He is a chip of the old black.
- At last ( অবশেষে ) I got my missing book at last.