EXAMPLE He assigned the task to me.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Guilty of ( দোষী ) He is guilty of murder.
- Restrict to ( সীমাবব্ধ করা ) Admission was restricted to students.
- Jump to ( তাড়াহুড়ো করে সিদ্ধান্তে আসা ) Do not jump to a conclusion without much thinking.
- Rob of ( অপহরণ করা ) Somebody robbed him of his purse.
- Late in ( দেরি ) Why are you so late in coming?
- Suffer from ( কষ্ট পাওয়া ) He is suffering from fever.
- On the whole ( মোটের উপর ) On the whole, his conduct is good.
- be bad at ( দক্ষ না হওয়া )
- Book worm ( গ্রন্থকীট ) Don't be a book worm.
- Hue and cry ( শোরগোল ) The villagers raised a hue and cry to see the thief.
- A rainy day ( দুর্দিন ) Everybody should save something for rainy day.
- At dagger drawn ( খড়গহস্ত ) The two brothers are now at daggers drawn.