EXAMPLE He asked for a loan of one thousand taka.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Favourable to ( অনুকূল (ব্যক্তি) ) This situation is favourable to me for doing this.
- Burst out ( ফেটে পড়া ) He burst out laughing at my joke.
- Indulge in ( আসক্ত হওয়া ) He indulge in drugs.
- Feel for ( সহানুভূতি অনুভব করা ) I feel for you in your trouble.
- Enquire into ( অনুসন্ধান করা (কোন ব্যপার) ) He enquired of me into the matter.
- Deprived of ( বঞ্চিত ) He was deprived of his property.
- Fish in a troubled water ( এলোমোলো অবস্থায় সুযোগ নেওয়া ) He made a lot of money by fishing in a troubled water.
- Hold water ( ধোপে টেকা ; কার্যকরি হওয়া ) This policy will not hold water in this situation.
- By far ( সর্বাংশে ) He is by far the best boy in the class.
- be in ones bad books ( কারও অপ্রিয় হওয়া )
- Dead of night ( মধ্য রাত্রি ) The robbers broke into the house at dead of night.
- Steer clear of ( এড়াইয়া চলা ) You must steer clear of evil company.