EXAMPLE He asked for a loan of one thousand taka.
Learn English by Lessons
Very vs MuchCommonly Confused Words
Very is preceded by Adjective’s positive degree. Much is preceded by comparative degree and past participle.
So vs VeryCommonly Confused Words
So means ‘to a great extent or degree.’ Very emphasizes the degree of something that belongs to or is part of a particular person or thing.
Scarcely vs RarelyCommonly Confused Words
Scarcely means ‘almost nothing’ or ‘almost not’. Rarely means ‘almost never’.
Learn words by topics :
- Destined to ( ভাগ্য নির্দিষ্ট ) He was destined to death.
- Equal in ( সমতুল্য (পদমর্যদা) ) Mr.Karim is equal in rank with Mr.Rahim.
- Look for ( খোঁজা ) I am looking for a good job.
- Ignorant of ( অজ্ঞ ) He is ignorant of this rule.
- Grateful for ( কৃতজ্ঞ (কোনকিছু) ) I am grateful to you for your help.
- in favour of ( পক্ষে ) He spoke in favour of his friend.
- A bed of roses thorns ( কন্টকময় জীবন ) Life is nothing but a bed of roses.
- At random ( বেপরোয়া ; এলোমেলো ) He hit the ball at random.
- In time ( ঠিক সময়ে ) He reached the station in time.
- Through thick and thin ( বাধা বিপত্তির মধ্য দিয়ে ) Reveka followed her husband through thick and thin.
- At once back and call ( বাধ্য ) He is always at my back and call.
- Now and then ( মাঝে মাঝে ) He comes here now and then.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions