SYNONYM ask many people the same question.
EXAMPLE I asked around but nobody has seen my wallet.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Grateful to ( কৃতজ্ঞ (ব্যক্তি) ) I am grateful to you for your help.
- Argue against ( যূক্তি দেখানো (কোন কিছু) ) I argued with him against the point.
- Differ in ( ভিন্ন মত হওয়া (মতামত) ) They differ in their opinions.
- Junior to ( নিম্নপদস্থ ; বয়সে কম ) He is junior to me in service.
- Feel for ( সহানুভূতি অনুভব করা ) I feel for you in your trouble.
- Involved in ( জড়িত ) He is involved in the plot.
- A rainy day ( দুর্দিন ) Everybody should save something for rainy day.
- Ins and outs ( খুঁটিনাটি সব কিছু ) I know the ins and outs of the matter.
- In lieu of ( পরিবর্তে ) Give me this pen in lieu of that.
- Turn a deaf ear to ( মনোযোগ না দেওয়া ) He turned a deaf ear to my proposal.
- the exact point ( কাঁটায়-কাঁটায় )
- Cats and dogs ( মূষল ধারে ) It was raining cats and dogs.