SYNONYM ask many people the same question.
EXAMPLE I asked around but nobody has seen my wallet.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Entitled to ( অধিকারী ) He is entitled to a reward for his honesty.
- Compete with ( প্রতিযোগিতা করা (কোন একজন) ) I competed with him for the first prize.
- True to ( বিশ্বস্ত ) He is true to his master.
- Lacking in ( অভাব আছে এমন ) He is lacking in courage.
- Weak of ( দূর্বল ) He is weak of understanding.
- Live within ( বাঁচা ) He live within his means
- put the cart before the horse ( স্বাভাবিক অবস্থা উলটাইয়া দেওয়া ; অস্বাভাবিক অবস্থা পরিণত করা )
- Turn a deaf ear to ( মনোযোগ না দেওয়া ) He turned a deaf ear to my proposal.
- Rank and file ( সাধারণ লোক ) We should pay attention to the rank and file of the country.
- Bad blood ( মনোমালিন্য ; শত্রতা ; দ্বেষ ) Now there is bad blood between the two brothers.
- By no means ( কোন ভাবেই না ) I shall by no means call on him.
- Slip of the tongue ( বলায় সামান্য ভুল ) This is a slip of the tongue, don't lay much stress on it.