EXAMPLE He is not ashamed of his conduct.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Prompt in ( চটপটে (উত্তর) ) He is prompt in his answer.
- Mad with ( উন্মাদ প্রায় ) He is mad with pain.
- Search for ( অনুসন্ধান ) Their search for the thing was of no avail.
- Live within ( বাঁচা ) He live within his means
- Weak in ( কাঁচা ) He is weak in Mathematics.
- Abound with ( প্রচুর পরিমাণে থাকা ) The ocean abounds with fish.
- By the by ( প্রসঙ্গক্রমে ) By the by I came to know that he was ill.
- Cut to the quick ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) I was cut to the quick by his words.
- Steer clear of ( এড়াইয়া চলা ) You must steer clear of evil company.
- At once finger ends ( নখদর্পণে ) All these facts are at his finger ends.
- Fall flat ( ফলপ্রসূ না হওয়া ) My advice feel fiat on him.
- in the doldrums ( উদাসীন ভাবাপন্ন )