EXAMPLE I feel ashamed for you.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Sanguine of ( নিশ্চিত ) She is sanguine of her success.
- Come of ( জন্মগ্রহণ করা ) He comes of a noble family.
- Talk of ( কথা বলা (কোন জিনিস) ) I am talking to (with) Mr. Roy of (about, over) the matter.
- Unite with ( ঐক্যবদ্ধ হওয়া ) Be united with your friends.
- Alarmed at ( আতঙ্কিত ) We were alarmed at he news.
- Complain to ( অভিযোগ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) The complained to the Director against the Manager about her behavior.
- A bed of roses ( সুখ-স্বাচ্ছন্দ্যপূর্ণ জীবন ) Many people think that life is a bed of roses
- put a spoke to ones wheel ( কারও উন্নতিতে বাধা হওয়া )
- A bolt from the blue ( সম্পূর্ন অপ্রত্যাশিত ) The news of his father's death came to him as a bolt from the blue.
- Stick to ( দৃঢ়ভাবে লেগে থাকা ) He sticks to his decision.
- As if ( যেন ) He swims so beautifully as if he is the Olympic gold medalist.
- Cats and dogs ( মূষল ধারে ) It was raining cats and dogs.