SYNONYM till now ; up to the moment ; up the the present time
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Occupied with ( নিয়োজিত (কাজ) ) He is occupied with his studies.
- Acquit of ( খালাস দেওয়া ) High court acquit him of the charge.
- Confident to ( আবদ্ধ (শয্যা) ) He is confined to bed.
- Feel for ( সহানুভূতি অনুভব করা ) I feel for you in your trouble.
- Afraid of ( ভীত ) I am not afraid of ghosts.
- Busy with ( ব্যস্ত ) He is busy with his studies.
- In a nut shell ( খুব সংক্ষেপে ) Tell the story in a nut shell.
- under the weather ( ভাল না ; অসুস্থ ) I've been feeling under the weather
- On the whole ( মোটের উপর ) On the whole, his conduct is good.
- At a loss ( হতবু্দ্ধি ; কিংকর্তব্যবিমূঢ় ) He was at a loss and did not know what to do.
- Through thick and thin ( বাধা বিপত্তির মধ্য দিয়ে ) Reveka followed her husband through thick and thin.
- Stick to ( দৃঢ়ভাবে লেগে থাকা ) He sticks to his decision.