SYNONYM also ; too
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Add to ( যোগ করা ) Add this to that.
- Acquit of ( খালাস দেওয়া ) High court acquit him of the charge.
- Admit to ( ভর্তি করা ) Khadil was admitted to university.
- Burst out ( ফেটে পড়া ) He burst out laughing at my joke.
- Appeal to ( আবেদন করা (ব্যক্তি) ) He appealed to the Headmaster for pardon.
- False to ( মিথ্যাবাদী ) I cannot be false to my friend.
- Now and then ( মাঝে মাঝে ) He comes here now and then.
- Out of order ( বিকল ) This car is out of order.
- Carry the day ( জয়লাভ করা ) Rajib, the best player of the school, carried the day in the annual sports.
- vile sycophant ( খঁয়ের খা )
- Black sheep ( কুলাঙ্গার ) He is a black sheep in his family.
- Dead of night ( মধ্য রাত্রি ) The robbers broke into the house at dead of night.