SYNONYM in that circumstances
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Dull at ( কাঁচা ) He is dull at Physics.
- Congratulate on ( অভিনন্দিত করা ) I congratulate you on your success.
- According to ( অনুসারে ) According to his order i went there.
- Tell upon ( ক্ষতি করা ) Over-eating tells upon health.
- Believe in ( বিশ্বাস করা ) I do not believe in his honesty.
- Envy of ( ঈর্ষা ) I have no envy of him.
- Slip of the tongue ( বলায় সামান্য ভুল ) This is a slip of the tongue, don't lay much stress on it.
- At all events ( যাই ঘটুক সব ক্ষেত্রেই ) I shall stand by him at all events.
- To and fro ( এদিন-ওদিক ) Being unable to make up his mind the man is walking to and fro.
- At dagger drawn ( খড়গহস্ত ) The two brothers are now at daggers drawn.
- Call a spade a spade ( অপ্রিয় সত্য কথা বলা ) I have no hesitation to call a spade a spade.
- In time ( ঠিক সময়ে ) He reached the station in time.