SYNONYM immediately at or after another event
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Talk to ( কথা বলা (ব্যক্তি) ) I am talking to (with) Mr. Roy.
- Inquire about ( অনুসন্ধান করা (কোন ব্যপার) ) I inquired of him about (into) the matter.
- Prefer to ( অধিক পছন্দ করা ) I prefer coffee to tea.
- Absorbed in ( নিবিষ্ট ; মগ্ন ) Scientist is absorbed in experiment
- Zest for ( অনুরাগ ) She has no zest for music.
- Supply with ( যোগান দেওয়া (কোন জিনিস) ) He supplied us with food.
- A bolt from the blue ( সম্পূর্ন অপ্রত্যাশিত ) The news of his father's death came to him as a bolt from the blue.
- By fits and starts ( অনিয়মিত ; মাঝে মাঝে ) He works by fits and starts.
- Round the clock ( সমস্ত দিন ) He is working round the clock.
- Lame excuse ( বাজে গুজব ) This lame excuse will to do.
- Fish out of water ( অস্বস্তিকর অবস্থায় ) When he came to the village, he felt like a fish out of water.
- At dagger drawn ( খড়গহস্ত ) The two brothers are now at daggers drawn.