SYNONYM immediately at or after another event
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Count for ( গণ্য হওয়া ) His advice counts for nothing.
- Engaged with ( নিযুক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) I was engaged with him in talk.
- Endowed with ( ভূষিত ) He is endowed with talents.
- Responsible to ( দায়ী (প্রাধিকার) ) He is responsible to the committee for his action.
- Prefer to ( অধিক পছন্দ করা ) I prefer coffee to tea.
- Jump to ( তাড়াহুড়ো করে সিদ্ধান্তে আসা ) Do not jump to a conclusion without much thinking.
- be bad at ( দক্ষ না হওয়া )
- Gala Day ( উৎসবের দিন ) The 15th August is a gala day to the Indians.
- by dint of ( ফলে (সাধারণত বল প্রয়োগের ফলে) )
- Pros and cons ( খুঁটিনাটি ) You should consider the Pros and cons of the system.
- Dead against ( তীব্র বিরোধী ) I am dead against his proposal.
- put a spoke to ones wheel ( কারও উন্নতিতে বাধা হওয়া )