SYNONYM as to ; as far ; with respect to
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Divert from ( অন্যদিকে নেওয়া ) The loud music diverted my attention from study.
- Rejoice at ( আনন্দ করা ) Every one rejoiced at her success.
- Resign to ( আত্মসমর্পন করা (স্বয়ং) ) I resigned myself to fate
- Hard at ( উদ্যমী ) He is hard at work before examination.
- Argue for ( যূক্তি দেখানো (কোন কিছু) ) I argued with him for the point.
- Devote to ( উৎসর্গ করা ) He devotes much time to study.
- Bring to light ( প্রকাশ করা ) At last all the facts were brought to light.
- word of no implication ( কথার কথা )
- From A to Z ( প্রথম হইতে শেষ পয্র্ন্ত ) The statement is true from A to Z.
- Bird of a feather ( এক রকম স্বভাবের লোক ) Birds of a feather flock together.
- reap the harvest of sin ( কর্ম ভোগ করা )
- Set free ( মুক্ত করা ) The prisoners were set free.