Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Liking for ( রুচি ) She has a liking for music.
- Admit of ( স্বীকৃতি পাওয়া ) Your conduct admits of no excuse.
- Annoyed for ( বিরক্ত (কোন কিছু) ) I was annoyed for the music.
- Accompanied with ( একসঙ্গে ঘটা ) He has fever accompanied with headache.
- Ill with ( অসুস্থ ) He is ill with fever.
- Enquire of ( অনুসন্ধান করা (ব্যক্তি) ) He enquired of me into the matter.
- Up and downs ( উন্থানপতন ) There are ups and downs in a man's life.
- Take to one's heels ( ছুটিয়া পালানো ) The thieves took to their heels to see the police.
- A bed of roses ( সুখ-স্বাচ্ছন্দ্যপূর্ণ জীবন ) Many people think that life is a bed of roses
- Slow coach ( অলস প্রকৃতির লোক ) You cannot expect much from a slow coach like him.
- At a low ebb ( নিম্নমুখী ) His fame is at a low ebb now.
- At once back and call ( বাধ্য ) He is always at my back and call.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions