Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Close to ( নিকটে ) The school is very close to our house.
- Appeal to ( আবেদন করা (ব্যক্তি) ) He appealed to the Headmaster for pardon.
- Officiate in ( পরিবর্তে কাজ করা (পদ) ) He officiated for me in that post.
- Weak in ( কাঁচা ) He is weak in Mathematics.
- Careful of ( যত্নবান ) He is careful of his money.
- Wait on ( সেবা করা ) The nurse waited on the patient.
- bad debts ( অশোধ্য বা অনাদায়ী ঋন ; যে ঋন শোধ করা যাবে না )
- At all ( আদৌ ) He does not know French at all.
- A bed of roses ( সুখ-স্বাচ্ছন্দ্যপূর্ণ জীবন ) Many people think that life is a bed of roses
- Of course ( অবশ্যই ) Of course, you know what that means
- On the whole ( মোটের উপর ) On the whole, his conduct is good.
- Round the clock ( সমস্ত দিন ) He is working round the clock.