SYNONYM since it is not otherwise
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Add to ( যোগ করা ) Add this to that.
- Disgusted at ( বিরক্ত ) I am disgusted with him at his conduct.
- Annoyed for ( বিরক্ত (কোন কিছু) ) I was annoyed for the music.
- Supply to ( যোগান দেওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) He supplied food to us.
- Lay by ( সঞ্চয় করা ) Lay by something for the old age.
- Trust with ( বিশ্বাস করা (জিনিস) ) You may trust me with the work.
- but me no buts ( কিন্তু কিন্তু করো না )
- At home ( দক্ষ ) He is at home in mathematics.
- be in ones bad books ( কারও অপ্রিয় হওয়া )
- Fish in a troubled water ( এলোমোলো অবস্থায় সুযোগ নেওয়া ) He made a lot of money by fishing in a troubled water.
- Gala Day ( উৎসবের দিন ) The 15th August is a gala day to the Indians.
- Read between the lines ( তাৎপর্য বোঝা ) Try to read between the lines of the letter.