SYNONYM what is given below
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Based on ( ভিত্তি থাকা ) Your remarks were not based on the facts.
- Interfere in ( হস্তক্ষেপ করা (কোন ব্যপার) ) Do not interfere in my job.
- Inquire about ( অনুসন্ধান করা (কোন ব্যপার) ) I inquired of him about (into) the matter.
- Limited to ( সীমাবদ্ধ ) Invitation was limited to members only.
- Destined to ( ভাগ্য নির্দিষ্ট ) He was destined to death.
- Occupied in ( নিয়োজিত ) He is occupied in writing a letter.
- A bolt from the blue ( সম্পূর্ন অপ্রত্যাশিত ) The news of his father's death came to him as a bolt from the blue.
- Hard and fast ( বাঁধা ধরা ) There is no such hard and fast rule in this matter.
- Hold water ( ধোপে টেকা ; কার্যকরি হওয়া ) This policy will not hold water in this situation.
- Dead language ( যে ভাষা এখন আর কথ্য নয় ) Sanskrit is a rich language, but it is now a dead language.
- In order to ( উদ্দেশ্য ) He came here in order to meet my mother.
- In force ( বলবৎ ) This law is in force now.