SYNONYM as regards ; as to ; with respect to
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- End in ( শেষ হওয়া ) All his plans ended in smoke.
- Make for ( অগ্রসর হওয়া ) The ship made for England.
- Divide into ( বিভক্ত করা (অংশ) ) It was divided into several parts.
- Disgrace to ( কলঙ্ক ) He is disgrace to his family.
- Charge with ( অভিযোগ করা (ত্রুটি) ) He was charged with theft.
- Wait on ( সেবা করা ) The nurse waited on the patient.
- After all ( সবকিছু সত্ত্বেও ) After all, he is a patriot.
- Breathe one's last ( মারা যাওয়া ) The old man breathed his last on Sunday last.
- At bay ( কোনঠাসা ) The tiger was at bay in the bush.
- As usual ( যথারীতি ) He is late as usual.
- Come to light ( প্রকাশিত হওয়া ) Their private talk has come to light at last.
- By fits and starts ( অনিয়মিত ; মাঝে মাঝে ) He works by fits and starts.