SYNONYM like what one always is or has been
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Mourn for ( শোক করা ) Don't mourn for the dead.
- Compare to ( তুলনা করা (অসদৃশ বস্তু) ) Anger is compared to fire.
- Dull at ( কাঁচা ) He is dull at Physics.
- Offended at ( বিরক্ত (কোন কাজে) ) I am offended with you at your conduct.
- Obstacle to ( বাধা ) Poverty is often obstacle to higher studies.
- Suffer from ( কষ্ট পাওয়া ) He is suffering from fever.
- At dagger drawn ( খড়গহস্ত ) The two brothers are now at daggers drawn.
- Bid fair ( ভালো কিছু আশা করা ) He bids fair to be a good doctor.
- In a nut shell ( খুব সংক্ষেপে ) Tell the story in a nut shell.
- Take to heart ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) He took his remark to heart.
- Slip of the pen ( লেখায় অসতর্কতাবশতঃ সামান্য ভুল ) This mistake is due to a slip of the pen.
- host in himself ( একাই একশ )