EXAMPLE We arrived at the station in time.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Supply to ( যোগান দেওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) He supplied food to us.
- Liable to ( দায়ী ) He is liable to fine for his misconduct.
- Endowed with ( ভূষিত ) He is endowed with talents.
- Charge with ( অভিযোগ করা (ত্রুটি) ) He was charged with theft.
- Loyal to ( বিশ্বস্ত ) He is loyal to his master.
- Charge on or against ( অভিযোগ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) Theft was charged on (against) him.
- At once back and call ( বাধ্য ) He is always at my back and call.
- Chip of the old block ( বাপকা বেটা ) He is a chip of the old black.
- Build castles in the air ( আকাশ কুসুম চিন্তা করা ) Don't idle away your time in building castles in the air.
- In force ( বলবৎ ) This law is in force now.
- Call in question ( সন্দেহ করা ) No one can call his honesty in question.
- At a low ebb ( নিম্নমুখী ) His fame is at a low ebb now.