EXAMPLE We arrived at the station in time.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Pity for ( করুণা ) Have pity for the poor.
- Brood on (over) ( মন খারাপ করা ) Do not brood over your misfortune.
- Callous to ( উদাসীন ) He is callous to my suffering.
- Absent from ( অনুপস্থিত ) Rifat was absent from college.
- Senior to ( বয়সে বড়, উচ্চপদস্থ ) He is senior to me by four years.
- Equal to ( সমতুল্য (কাজ) ) He rose equal to the occasion.
- Hold good ( প্রযুক্ত হওয়া ) This ruls will not hold good here.
- have ones eyes ( কারও হাতে বিস্তর কাজ থাকা )
- At a loss ( হতবু্দ্ধি ; কিংকর্তব্যবিমূঢ় ) He was at a loss and did not know what to do.
- By far ( সর্বাংশে ) He is by far the best boy in the class.
- By leaps and bounds ( অতি দ্রুতগতিতে ) The population of Bangladesh is increasing by leaps and bounds.
- In the mean time ( ইতিমধ্যে ) Lila will come here to-night. In the mean time you should get her room ready.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions