EXAMPLE We arrived at the station in time.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Crave for ( আকাঙ্খা করা ) He craves for wealth.
- Argue against ( যূক্তি দেখানো (কোন কিছু) ) I argued with him against the point.
- Persist in ( লেগে থাকা ) He persisted in disturbing me.
- Certain of ( নিশ্চিত ) He is now certain of his ground.
- Hanker after ( লালায়িত হওয়া ) Do not hanker after wealth.
- Good at ( দক্ষ ) He is good at tennis.
- Achilles heel ( দুর্বলতা বা ত্রুটি ) He is trying to hide but everybody knows his achilles' heel
- keep your chin up ( সুখি হওয়া ) His attempt keep your chin up
- know from a bare hint ( এক আঁচরেই বোঝা )
- bunch of fives ( মুষ্টি ; পাঁচ আঙ্গুলের মুঠো ) Rock can break anything with his bunch of fives.
- Beggar description ( বর্ণনাতীত ) The beauty of the Taj beggars description.
- In force ( বলবৎ ) This law is in force now.