EXAMPLE I argued with him for the point.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Annoyed for ( বিরক্ত (কোন কিছু) ) I was annoyed for the music.
- Bound for ( যাত্রার জন্য প্রস্তুত ) The ship is bound for England.
- Live beyond ( বাঁচা ) He lives beyond his means.
- Opportunity for ( সুযোগ ) I have no opportunity for (of) doing the work.
- Interest in ( আগ্রহ ) He has a special interest in history.
- Rest upon ( নির্ভর করা ; বিশ্বাসস্থাপন করা ) I rest upon your promise.
- Slow coach ( অলস প্রকৃতির লোক ) You cannot expect much from a slow coach like him.
- Hard nut to crack ( কঠিন সমস্যা ) The problem of adult education is really a hard nut to crack.
- Cut to the quick ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) I was cut to the quick by his words.
- In fine ( পরিশেষ ) In fine he declared his plan.
- Book worm ( গ্রন্থকীট ) Don't be a book worm.
- In a hurry ( তাড়াহুড়ার মধ্যে ) Don't do the work in a hurry.