EXAMPLE I argued with him for the point.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Informed of ( অবহিত ) I was not informed of your misfortune.
- Differ in ( ভিন্ন মত হওয়া (মতামত) ) They differ in their opinions.
- Parallel to ( সমান্তরাল ) This line is parallel to that.
- Involved in ( জড়িত ) He is involved in the plot.
- Live for ( বেঁচে থাকা ) He lives for fame.
- Cure of ( আরগ্য হওয়া ) He will be cured of the disease very soon.
- All but ( প্রায় ) The poor villagers are all but ruined.
- Lion's share ( সিংহভাগ ) He took the lion's share of the profit.
- breathe out ( নিঃশ্বাস ত্যাগ করা ) At last, he breathed his last breath out, and that was the end.
- By fits and starts ( অনিয়মিত ; মাঝে মাঝে ) He works by fits and starts.
- Above board ( সংশয়হীন ভাবে নির্দোষ ) His activities are open and above board.
- Ins and outs ( খুঁটিনাটি সব কিছু ) I know the ins and outs of the matter.