EXAMPLE I argued with him for the point.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Look after ( দেখাশোনা করা ) There is none to look after her.
- Want of ( অভাব ) We have no want of money.
- Liking for ( রুচি ) She has a liking for music.
- Inquire of ( অনুসন্ধান করা (ব্যক্তি) ) I inquired of him about the matter.
- Need of ( প্রয়োজনীয় ) I am in need of more money.
- Sentence to ( দন্ডাদেশ দেওয়া ) He was sentenced to death for murder.
- At the eleventh hour ( শেষ মুহূর্তে ) he doctor came to the patient at the eleventh hour.
- Call a spade a spade ( অপ্রিয় সত্য কথা বলা ) I have no hesitation to call a spade a spade.
- Book worm ( গ্রন্থকীট ) Don't be a book worm.
- bad shoot ( অসংগত অনুমান )
- At bay ( কোনঠাসা ) The tiger was at bay in the bush.
- Pros and cons ( খুঁটিনাটি ) You should consider the Pros and cons of the system.