EXAMPLE I argued with him for the point.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Cure of ( আরগ্য হওয়া ) He will be cured of the disease very soon.
- Anxious about ( উদ্বিগ্ন ) I am anxious about my health.
- Want of ( অভাব ) We have no want of money.
- Feel for ( সহানুভূতি অনুভব করা ) I feel for you in your trouble.
- Quarrel for ( কলহ করা (কোনকিছু) ) They quarreled with one another for the property.
- Look at ( তাকানো ) Look at the moon.
- Cut to the quick ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) I was cut to the quick by his words.
- In a nut shell ( খুব সংক্ষেপে ) Tell the story in a nut shell.
- Build castles in the air ( আকাশ কুসুম চিন্তা করা ) Don't idle away your time in building castles in the air.
- Moot point ( অমীমাংসিত বিষয় ) Dowry system is still a moot point in Bangladesh.
- A blessing in disguise ( বিপরীতে হিত ; প্রথমে খারাপ হিসেবে মনে হলেও পরবর্তীতে ভালো হয় ) Sam's motorcycle accident was a blessing in disguise because he got enough insurance money.
- Stick to ( দৃঢ়ভাবে লেগে থাকা ) He sticks to his decision.