EXAMPLE I argued with him against the point.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Contribute to ( দান হিসাবে দেওয়া ) He contributed one thousand taka to the Flood Relief Fund.
- Late in ( দেরি ) Why are you so late in coming?
- Angry at ( রাগান্বিত (কারো আচরণ) ) I am angry at your conduct.
- Rob of ( অপহরণ করা ) Somebody robbed him of his purse.
- Alarmed at ( আতঙ্কিত ) We were alarmed at he news.
- Allot to ( বিলি করা ) One room has been allotted to him.
- By the by ( প্রসঙ্গক্রমে ) By the by I came to know that he was ill.
- As if ( যেন ) He swims so beautifully as if he is the Olympic gold medalist.
- End in smoke ( ব্যর্থ হওয়া ) All his plans ended in smoke.
- Moot point ( অমীমাংসিত বিষয় ) Dowry system is still a moot point in Bangladesh.
- Stick to ( দৃঢ়ভাবে লেগে থাকা ) He sticks to his decision.
- Crying need ( জরুরী প্রয়োজন ) Mass education is the crying need of Bangladesh.