EXAMPLE I argued with him against the point.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Abound in ( প্রচুর পরিমাণে থাকা ) Fish abounds in this river.
- Taste for ( রুচি ) She has no taste for music.
- Prior to ( পূর্বে ) Prior to that, he was in a wretched condition.
- Sick of ( পীড়িত, ক্লান্ত ) He is sick for home.
- Faith with ( বিশ্বাস (ভঙ্গ) ) He broke faith with me.
- Sensitive to ( সংবেদনশীল ) She is sensitive to cold.
- Black sheep ( কুলাঙ্গার ) He is a black sheep in his family.
- In a nut shell ( খুব সংক্ষেপে ) Tell the story in a nut shell.
- Build castles in the air ( আকাশ কুসুম চিন্তা করা ) Don't idle away your time in building castles in the air.
- blue blood ( অভিজাত বংশের রক্ত বহনকারী )
- Cut a sorry figure ( খারাপ ফল করা ) He cuts a sorry figure in the examination.
- Get rid of ( মুক্তি পাওয়া ) Try to get rid of that rogue.