EXAMPLE I argued with him against the point.
Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Look at ( তাকানো ) Look at the moon.
- Engaged to ( বাগদত্ত ) Lila was engaged to him.
- Open to ( উন্মুক্ত ) His plan is open to objection.
- Wonder at ( অবাক হওয়া ) I wonder at his ignorance.
- Pass for ( গণ্য হওয়া ) He passes for a clever man.
- Informed of ( অবহিত ) I was not informed of your misfortune.
- From A to Z ( প্রথম হইতে শেষ পয্র্ন্ত ) The statement is true from A to Z.
- At bay ( কোনঠাসা ) The tiger was at bay in the bush.
- vile sycophant ( খঁয়ের খা )
- Bad blood ( মনোমালিন্য ; শত্রতা ; দ্বেষ ) Now there is bad blood between the two brothers.
- when pigs fly ( কখনও না ) I will help you when pigs fly
- Catch red handed ( হাতে নাতে ধরা ) The thief was caught red handed.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions