EXAMPLE I have no aptitude for Mathematics.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Zeal for ( প্রবল উৎসাহ ) He has a zeal for social work.
- Addicted to ( আসক্ত ) He is addicted to separate.
- Beware of ( সতর্ক হওয়া ) Beware of pick-pockets.
- Live beyond ( বাঁচা ) He lives beyond his means.
- Compete with ( প্রতিযোগিতা করা (কোন একজন) ) I competed with him for the first prize.
- Useful for ( প্রয়োজনীয় (উদ্দেশ্য) ) This book is useful to us for examination.
- To the letter ( অক্ষরে অক্ষরে ) He followed my advice to the letter.
- loose cannon ( অপ্রত্যাশিত ) He is a bit of a loose cannon.
- Dead of night ( মধ্য রাত্রি ) The robbers broke into the house at dead of night.
- At all events ( যাই ঘটুক সব ক্ষেত্রেই ) I shall stand by him at all events.
- Come off with flying colours ( জয়লাভ করা ) Our School team came off with flying colours.
- Lion's share ( সিংহভাগ ) He took the lion's share of the profit.