EXAMPLE He applied to he Secretary for the post.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Deaf of ( বধির ) He is deaf of one ear.
- Remedy for ( প্রতিকার ) There is no remedy for this disease.
- Oblige to ( বাধিত করা ) I am obliged to him for his co-operation.
- Attach to ( জুড়ে দেওয়া ) Attach this file to the email.
- Worthy of ( যোগ্য ) He is worthy of our praise.
- Useful to ( প্রয়োজনীয় (ব্যক্তি) ) This book is useful to us for examination.
- Make both ends meet ( আয়ব্যয় মেলানো ) I cannot make both ends meet with my small income.
- to the bad ( মন্দাবস্থায় ; ঘাটতি অবস্থায় )
- At large ( স্বাধীন ) The anti-socials are still at large.
- have a bad time ( দুশ্চিন্তায় কাল কাটানো ; দুঃসময়ে পড়া )
- Chip of the old block ( বাপকা বেটা ) He is a chip of the old black.
- Above all ( প্রধানত ; সর্বোপরি ) We should be kind, polite, and above all honest.