EXAMPLE He applied to he Secretary for the post.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Based on ( ভিত্তি থাকা ) Your remarks were not based on the facts.
- Triumph over ( জয় করা ) Jim and Della triumphed over their poverty.
- Zeal for ( প্রবল উৎসাহ ) He has a zeal for social work.
- Anxious for ( উদ্বিগ্ন ) He is anxious for getting a job.
- Clue to ( সূত্র ) Find out the clue to the mystery.
- Respond to ( উত্তর দেওয়া ) Nobody responded to my call.
- To the contrary ( কাহারও বক্তব্যের বিপক্ষে ) In the court he said nothing to the contrary.
- To the backbone ( হাড়ে হাড়ে ) The boy is wicked to the backbone.
- breathe out ( নিঃশ্বাস ত্যাগ করা ) At last, he breathed his last breath out, and that was the end.
- the exact point ( কাঁটায়-কাঁটায় )
- Moot point ( অমীমাংসিত বিষয় ) Dowry system is still a moot point in Bangladesh.
- At the eleventh hour ( শেষ মুহূর্তে ) he doctor came to the patient at the eleventh hour.