EXAMPLE He applied to the Secretary for the post.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Attend upon ( সেবা করা ) She attends upon her mother.
- Consist of ( গঠিত হওয়া ) This class consists of fifty boys and thirty girls.
- Jump to ( তাড়াহুড়ো করে সিদ্ধান্তে আসা ) Do not jump to a conclusion without much thinking.
- Bent on ( ঝোঁক ) He is bent on playing cricket.
- Guilty of ( দোষী ) He is guilty of murder.
- End in ( শেষ হওয়া ) All his plans ended in smoke.
- From A to Z ( প্রথম হইতে শেষ পয্র্ন্ত ) The statement is true from A to Z.
- but me no buts ( কিন্তু কিন্তু করো না )
- Null and void ( বাতিল ) The deed has been null and void now.
- feather ones nest ( কাজ গুছিয়ে নেওয়া )
- Hold water ( ধোপে টেকা ; কার্যকরি হওয়া ) This policy will not hold water in this situation.
- Set free ( মুক্ত করা ) The prisoners were set free.