EXAMPLE He applied to the Secretary for the post.
Learn English by Lessons
Very Much vs Too MuchCommonly Confused Words
Very much used for adding more emphasis; while too much means ‘to a much higher extent’ particularly for someone/something.
Very vs TooCommonly Confused Words
Very emphasizes the degree of adjectives and adverbs. Too defined as ‘to a high degree or extent’ particularly for someone or something.
Very vs MuchCommonly Confused Words
Very is preceded by Adjective’s positive degree. Much is preceded by comparative degree and past participle.
Learn words by topics :
- Pleased with ( সন্তুষ্ট ) I am pleased with him.
- Object to ( আপত্তি করা ) He objected to my proposal.
- Attend on ( সেবা করা ) She attends on her mother.
- Sympathy for ( সহানুভূতি ) I have no sympathy for him.
- Popular with ( জনপ্রিয় ) He is popular with all for his good behaviour.
- Angry with ( রাগান্বিত (ব্যক্তি) ) He is angry with me for speaking against him.
- Sink in ( আবদ্ধ হওয়া, ডুবে যাওয়া ) He sank in mud or the ship sank into the sea.
- As usual ( যথারীতি ) He is late as usual.
- slap on the wrist ( মৃদু শাস্তি ) Although he broke the rules, he was only given a slap on the wrist
- Bed of roses ( আরামদায়ক অবস্থা ) Life is not a bed of roses.
- bunch of fives ( মুষ্টি ; পাঁচ আঙ্গুলের মুঠো ) Rock can break anything with his bunch of fives.
- In order to ( উদ্দেশ্য ) He came here in order to meet my mother.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions
English Grammar App
Download ইংরেজি গ্রামার (English-Bangla) App