EXAMPLE He applied to the Secretary for the post.
Learn English by Lessons
Just Now vs Right Now vs Presently:Commonly Confused Words
Just now, right now and presently are often confusedly replaced with each other, while they don't mean exactly the same, though they have similar connotations.
Hard vs HardlyCommonly Confused Words
Hard and hardly are often confusedly used as similar words. However, they do differ. While hard has a positive connotation, hardly has a very negative impact in a sentence.
First vs FastCommonly Confused Words
First refers to someone or something or someone’s actions which happen before everything else. Fast can both be an adjective and adverb which means quick or quickly.
Learn words by topics :
- Owe to ( ঋণী হওয়া ) I owe my all to him.
- Laugh at ( বিদ্রুপ করা ) Do not taught at the poor.
- Annoyed for ( বিরক্ত (কোন কিছু) ) I was annoyed for the music.
- Interfere with ( হস্তক্ষেপ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) Do not interfere with me in my business.
- Desire for ( ইচ্ছা ) He has no desire for fame.
- Respect to ( সম্বন্ধে ) We are talking with respect to that matter.
- Red tape ( লাল ফিতার বাঁধন ; আমলাতান্ত্রিকতা ) Red tapism causes delay in official work.
- By fits and starts ( অনিয়মিত ; মাঝে মাঝে ) He works by fits and starts.
- Pros and cons ( খুঁটিনাটি ) You should consider the Pros and cons of the system.
- vile sycophant ( খঁয়ের খা )
- Square meal ( পেট ভরা আহার ) He is too poor to have a square meal every day.
- Stone's throw ( অতি নিকটে ) Our school is at a stone's throw form our house.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions