EXAMPLE He applied to the Secretary for the post.
Learn English by Lessons
Very Much vs Too MuchCommonly Confused Words
Very much used for adding more emphasis; while too much means ‘to a much higher extent’ particularly for someone/something.
Very vs TooCommonly Confused Words
Very emphasizes the degree of adjectives and adverbs. Too defined as ‘to a high degree or extent’ particularly for someone or something.
Very vs MuchCommonly Confused Words
Very is preceded by Adjective’s positive degree. Much is preceded by comparative degree and past participle.
Learn words by topics :
- Wait for ( অপেক্ষা করা ) I waited for him for two hours.
- Excel in ( তুলনামূলক ভাবে সুন্দর হওয়া ) He excels in painting.
- Heir to ( উত্তরাধিকারী (সম্পত্তি) ) He is the heir to his uncle’s property.
- Senior to ( বয়সে বড়, উচ্চপদস্থ ) He is senior to me by four years.
- Consistent with ( সামঞ্জস্যপূর্ণ ) Your action is not consistent with the rules.
- Rejoice at ( আনন্দ করা ) Every one rejoiced at her success.
- At one’s own sweet will ( খুশি মতো ) He still does it at his own sweet will.
- Flesh and blood ( রক্তমাংসের শরীর ) Flesh and blood cannot bear with such insults.
- In cold blood ( ঠান্ডা মাথায় ) They committed this murder in cold blood.
- As if ( যেন ) He swims so beautifully as if he is the Olympic gold medalist.
- As it were ( যেন ) The sun is, as it were , the lamp of the universe.
- All on a sudden ( হঠাৎ ) All on a sudden a tiger came out of the bush.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions
English Grammar App
Download ইংরেজি গ্রামার (English-Bangla) App