EXAMPLE The patient has no appetite for food.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Useful for ( প্রয়োজনীয় (উদ্দেশ্য) ) This book is useful to us for examination.
- Require of ( প্রয়োজন হওয়া (কোন কিছু) ) I required a loan of him.
- According to ( অনুসারে ) According to his order i went there.
- Accustomed to ( অভ্যস্ত ) I am accustomed to such a life.
- Wanting in ( বিহীন ) He is wanting in common sense.
- Attend to ( মনোযোগ দেওয়া ) Attend to your lesson.
- At a low ebb ( নিম্নমুখী ) His fame is at a low ebb now.
- Build castles in the air ( আকাশ কুসুম চিন্তা করা ) Don't idle away your time in building castles in the air.
- set a naught ( কলা দেখানো )
- A black sheep ( কুলাঙ্গার ) Tom is a black sheep in their family
- Out of order ( বিকল ) This car is out of order.
- At once finger ends ( নখদর্পণে ) All these facts are at his finger ends.