EXAMPLE The patient has no appetite for food.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Argue for ( যূক্তি দেখানো (কোন কিছু) ) I argued with him for the point.
- Limited to ( সীমাবদ্ধ ) Invitation was limited to members only.
- Lame of ( খোঁড়া ) He is lame of one leg.
- End in ( শেষ হওয়া ) All his plans ended in smoke.
- Look over ( পরীক্ষা করা ) He is looking over the answer papers.
- Vexed with ( বিরক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) He is vexed with me at my conduct.
- At arm’s length ( দূরে ) Try to keep the bad boy at arm’s length.
- In vain ( বৃথা ) All his attempts were in vain.
- By chance ( দৈবাৎ ) I met him on the way by chance.
- word of no implication ( কথার কথা )
- Household word ( সকলের পরিচিত নাম ) Mother Teresa's name has now become a household word.
- In full swing ( পুরাদমে ) The school is now in full swing.