EXAMPLE He appealed to the Headmaster for pardon.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Commence on ( শুরু করা ) Our examination commences on the 3rd July.
- Disgusted at ( বিরক্ত ) I am disgusted with him at his conduct.
- Apply to ( আবেদন করা (ব্যক্তি) ) He applied to he Secretary for the post.
- Offended at ( বিরক্ত (কোন কাজে) ) I am offended with you at your conduct.
- Access to ( প্রবেশ অধিকার ) Public has no access to this area.
- Ambition for ( উচ্চাকাঙ্খা ) He has no ambition for fame in life.
- Carry the day ( জয়লাভ করা ) Rajib, the best player of the school, carried the day in the annual sports.
- Come to light ( প্রকাশিত হওয়া ) Their private talk has come to light at last.
- Man of letters ( পন্ডিত লোক ) Sir Ashutosh Mukherjee was a man of letters.
- Bag and baggage ( তল্পিতল্পাসহ ) He left the place bag and baggage.
- Read between the lines ( তাৎপর্য বোঝা ) Try to read between the lines of the letter.
- A blessing in disguise ( বিপরীতে হিত ; প্রথমে খারাপ হিসেবে মনে হলেও পরবর্তীতে ভালো হয় ) Sam's motorcycle accident was a blessing in disguise because he got enough insurance money.