EXAMPLE He appealed to the Headmaster for pardon.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Deaf to ( শুনতে অনিচ্ছুক ) He is deaf to my request.
- Charge with ( অভিযোগ করা (ত্রুটি) ) He was charged with theft.
- Die of ( মারা যাওয়া (রোগ) ) He died of cholera.
- Mad with ( উন্মাদ প্রায় ) He is mad with pain.
- Part from ( বিচ্ছিন্ন হওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) He parted form his friend.
- Attend on ( সেবা করা ) She attends on her mother.
- Bag and baggage ( তল্পিতল্পাসহ ) He left the place bag and baggage.
- Man of letters ( পন্ডিত লোক ) Sir Ashutosh Mukherjee was a man of letters.
- For good ( চিরকালের জন্য ) He left the country for good.
- At a loss ( হতবু্দ্ধি ; কিংকর্তব্যবিমূঢ় ) He was at a loss and did not know what to do.
- blue blood ( অভিজাত বংশের রক্ত বহনকারী )
- After all ( সবকিছু সত্ত্বেও ) After all, he is a patriot.