EXAMPLE He appealed for pardon.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Restrict to ( সীমাবব্ধ করা ) Admission was restricted to students.
- Look into ( অনুসন্ধান করা ) I am looking into the matter.
- Ambition for ( উচ্চাকাঙ্খা ) He has no ambition for fame in life.
- Blind of ( দৃষ্টিশক্তিতে অন্ধ ) He is blind of one eye.
- Confined in ( আবদ্ধ (কক্ষ) ) He is confined in a room for five days.
- Affection for ( স্নেহ ) The teacher feels affection for every pupils.
- On the wane ( হ্রাসমান ) His fame is on the wane now.
- At bay ( কোনঠাসা ) The tiger was at bay in the bush.
- Part and parcel ( অবিচ্ছেদ্য অংশ ) Discipline is part and parcel of administration.
- Fight shy ( এড়িয়ে চলা ) Why do you fight shy of your teacher.
- Slow coach ( অলস প্রকৃতির লোক ) You cannot expect much from a slow coach like him.
- to the bad ( মন্দাবস্থায় ; ঘাটতি অবস্থায় )