EXAMPLE He appealed for pardon.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Object to ( আপত্তি করা ) He objected to my proposal.
- Think of ( চিন্তা করা (ব্যক্তি) ) What do you think of (about) him?
- Deprived of ( বঞ্চিত ) He was deprived of his property.
- Smell of ( গন্ধ দেয় ) This glass smells of wine.
- Displeased at ( অসন্তুষ্ট ) I am displeased with him at his conduct.
- Angry with ( রাগান্বিত (ব্যক্তি) ) He is angry with me for speaking against him.
- Die in harness ( কর্মরত অবস্থায় মারা যাওয়া ) Dr. Sen died in harness.
- have a bad time ( দুশ্চিন্তায় কাল কাটানো ; দুঃসময়ে পড়া )
- A black sheep ( কুলাঙ্গার ) Tom is a black sheep in their family
- In the nick of time ( ঠিক সময়ে ) The school team arrived in the nick of time.
- throw dust in ones hands full ( কারো চোখে ধূলো দেওয়া )
- Take to one's heels ( ছুটিয়া পালানো ) The thieves took to their heels to see the police.