SYNONYM separate from ; considered in separation from.
EXAMPLE This is a new building, and stands apart from all the other buildings in the street because of its design and position.
Apart from his habit of smoking, I have nothing in particular against him.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Useful for ( প্রয়োজনীয় (উদ্দেশ্য) ) This book is useful to us for examination.
- Confident of ( স্থির বিশ্বাসী ) I am confident of success.
- Destined to ( ভাগ্য নির্দিষ্ট ) He was destined to death.
- Afraid of ( ভীত ) I am not afraid of ghosts.
- Accompanied by ( সঙ্গী হওয়া ) He was accompanied by his father.
- Supply with ( যোগান দেওয়া (কোন জিনিস) ) He supplied us with food.
- put a spoke to ones wheel ( কারও উন্নতিতে বাধা হওয়া )
- At dagger drawn ( খড়গহস্ত ) The two brothers are now at daggers drawn.
- On the contrary ( বিপরীত পক্ষে ) I do not hate him: on the contrary I love him.
- Birds eye view ( মোটামোটি ধারণা ; এক নজর ) He took a bird’s eye view of the flood-stricken area from an aeroplane.
- Out of the wood ( বিপদমুক্ত ) He is not yet out of the wood.
- reinvent the wheel ( এমন কোনকিছু তৈরিতে সময় নষ্ট করা যা বর্তমানে বিদ্যমান ও ঠিকঠাক কাজ করে ) There's no point in us reinventing the wheel