SYNONYM separate from ; considered in separation from.
EXAMPLE This is a new building, and stands apart from all the other buildings in the street because of its design and position.
Apart from his habit of smoking, I have nothing in particular against him.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Prone to ( ঝোঁক আছে এমন ) He is prone to idleness.
- Anxious about ( উদ্বিগ্ন ) I am anxious about my health.
- Grateful for ( কৃতজ্ঞ (কোনকিছু) ) I am grateful to you for your help.
- Hanker after ( লালায়িত হওয়া ) Do not hanker after wealth.
- Rest with ( নির্ভর করা ; বিশ্বাসস্থাপন করা ) The whole matter rests with you.
- Object to ( আপত্তি করা ) He objected to my proposal.
- Turn over a new leaf ( নূতনের সূচনা ) After his failure he turned over a new leaf.
- In time ( ঠিক সময়ে ) He reached the station in time.
- Lion's share ( সিংহভাগ ) He took the lion's share of the profit.
- Call a spade a spade ( অপ্রিয় সত্য কথা বলা ) I have no hesitation to call a spade a spade.
- hold your horses ( সবুর করা ; ধৈর্য ধরা ) Hold your horses in trouble, you will get your reward.
- By hook or by crook ( যে কোন উপায়ে ) You must do this work by hook or by crook.