EXAMPLE He is anxious for getting a job.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Succeed in ( সাফল্য লাভ করা ) He will succeed in life.
- Crave for ( আকাঙ্খা করা ) He craves for wealth.
- Justice to ( ন্যায় বিচার ) We should do justice to everybody.
- Engaged in ( নিযুক্ত (কাজে) ) I was engaged with him in talk.
- Accustomed to ( অভ্যস্ত ) I am accustomed to such a life.
- Sanguine of ( নিশ্চিত ) She is sanguine of her success.
- Round the clock ( সমস্ত দিন ) He is working round the clock.
- Die in harness ( কর্মরত অবস্থায় মারা যাওয়া ) Dr. Sen died in harness.
- In no time ( শীঘ্র ) He will finish the work in no time.
- Cock and bull story ( গাঁজাখুরি গল্প ) Nobody will believe your cock and bull story
- In a hurry ( তাড়াহুড়ার মধ্যে ) Don't do the work in a hurry.
- Bad blood ( মনোমালিন্য ; শত্রতা ; দ্বেষ ) Now there is bad blood between the two brothers.