EXAMPLE He is anxious for getting a job.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Bent on ( ঝোঁক ) He is bent on playing cricket.
- Triumph over ( জয় করা ) Jim and Della triumphed over their poverty.
- Taste for ( রুচি ) She has no taste for music.
- Burst out ( ফেটে পড়া ) He burst out laughing at my joke.
- Pretend to ( ভান করা ) He does not pretend to high birth.
- Access to ( প্রবেশ অধিকার ) Public has no access to this area.
- To the letter ( অক্ষরে অক্ষরে ) He followed my advice to the letter.
- At a stretch ( একটানা ) He can run ten miles at a stretch.
- At one’s wit’s end ( হতবুদ্ধি ) He was at his wit’s end and did not know what to do.
- Take to heart ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) He took his remark to heart.
- Gala Day ( উৎসবের দিন ) The 15th August is a gala day to the Indians.
- At a loss ( হতবু্দ্ধি ; কিংকর্তব্যবিমূঢ় ) He was at a loss and did not know what to do.