EXAMPLE He is anxious for getting a job.
Learn English by Lessons
Just Now vs Right Now vs Presently:Commonly Confused Words
Just now, right now and presently are often confusedly replaced with each other, while they don't mean exactly the same, though they have similar connotations.
Hard vs HardlyCommonly Confused Words
Hard and hardly are often confusedly used as similar words. However, they do differ. While hard has a positive connotation, hardly has a very negative impact in a sentence.
First vs FastCommonly Confused Words
First refers to someone or something or someone’s actions which happen before everything else. Fast can both be an adjective and adverb which means quick or quickly.
Learn words by topics :
- Familiar with ( সুপরিচিত ) He is familiar with my brother.
- Rest upon ( নির্ভর করা ; বিশ্বাসস্থাপন করা ) I rest upon your promise.
- Esteem for ( শ্রদ্ধা ) He has esteem for the superiors.
- Preferable to ( অধিক পছন্দযোগ্য ) Death is preferable to dishonor.
- Vexed for ( বিরক্ত (জিনিস) ) He is vexed with me for opposing him.
- Wonder at ( অবাক হওয়া ) I wonder at his ignorance.
- As it were ( যেন ) The sun is, as it were , the lamp of the universe.
- Bone of contention ( বিবাদের বিষয় ) The paternal property is the bone of contention between the two brothers.
- Wild goose chase ( পন্ডশ্রম ) Do not waste time in wild goose chase.
- To and fro ( এদিন-ওদিক ) Being unable to make up his mind the man is walking to and fro.
- Head and ears ( সম্পূর্ণরূপে ) He is over head and ears in debt.
- Heart and soul ( সর্বান্তঃকরণে ) Try heard and soul and you will succeed.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions