EXAMPLE I am anxious about my health.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Accustomed to ( অভ্যস্ত ) I am accustomed to such a life.
- Opportunity for ( সুযোগ ) I have no opportunity for (of) doing the work.
- Rob of ( অপহরণ করা ) Somebody robbed him of his purse.
- Subject to ( শর্তাধীন ) This is subject to approval of the committee.
- Differ in ( ভিন্ন মত হওয়া (মতামত) ) They differ in their opinions.
- Supply with ( যোগান দেওয়া (কোন জিনিস) ) He supplied us with food.
- Hue and cry ( শোরগোল ) The villagers raised a hue and cry to see the thief.
- At arm’s length ( দূরে ) Try to keep the bad boy at arm’s length.
- At the eleventh hour ( শেষ মুহূর্তে ) he doctor came to the patient at the eleventh hour.
- On the wane ( হ্রাসমান ) His fame is on the wane now.
- live by ones wit ( কথা বেচে খাওয়া )
- At a low ebb ( নিম্নমুখী ) His fame is at a low ebb now.