EXAMPLE I was annoyed with him for being late.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Key to ( সমাধানের উপায় ) He has found out the key to his problem.
- Equal in ( সমতুল্য (পদমর্যদা) ) Mr.Karim is equal in rank with Mr.Rahim.
- Divert from ( অন্যদিকে নেওয়া ) The loud music diverted my attention from study.
- Remedy for ( প্রতিকার ) There is no remedy for this disease.
- Addicted to ( আসক্ত ) He is addicted to separate.
- Jealous of ( ঈর্ষা পরায়ণ ) I am not at all jealous of his fortune.
- Three R's ( প্রাথমিক শিক্ষা ) The majority of our people have not yet learnt the three R's.
- Moot point ( অমীমাংসিত বিষয় ) Dowry system is still a moot point in Bangladesh.
- As it were ( যেন ) The sun is, as it were , the lamp of the universe.
- tickled pink ( খুব খুশি করানো ) She was tickled pink by the good news.
- be up and doing ( উঠে-পড়ে লাগা )
- be in ones bad books ( কারও অপ্রিয় হওয়া )
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions