EXAMPLE I was annoyed with him for being late.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Equal with ( সমতুল্য (ব্যক্তি) ) Mr.Karim is equal in rank with Mr.Rahim.
- Taste for ( রুচি ) She has no taste for music.
- Prior to ( পূর্বে ) Prior to that, he was in a wretched condition.
- Responsible for ( দায়ী (কোন কার্জ) ) He is responsible to the committee for his action.
- Acquainted with ( পরিচিত ) I am acquainted with her.
- Burst into ( ভেঙ্গে পড়া ) He burst into tears at the sad news
- Set free ( মুক্ত করা ) The prisoners were set free.
- pound of flesh ( এক চুল এদিক ওদিক নয় )
- A blessing in disguise ( বিপরীতে হিত ; প্রথমে খারাপ হিসেবে মনে হলেও পরবর্তীতে ভালো হয় ) Sam's motorcycle accident was a blessing in disguise because he got enough insurance money.
- Cock and bull story ( গাঁজাখুরি গল্প ) Nobody will believe your cock and bull story
- tickled pink ( খুব খুশি করানো ) She was tickled pink by the good news.
- Red letter day ( স্মরণীয় দিন ) The 21 February is a red letter day in the history of Bangladesh.