EXAMPLE He is angry with me for speaking against him.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Affection for ( স্নেহ ) The teacher feels affection for every pupils.
- Compare with ( তুলনা করা (সদৃশ বস্তু) ) Rabindranath may be compared with Shakespeare.
- Prompt at ( চটপটে (ব্যক্তিত্ব) ) He is prompt at figures.
- Favourable for ( অনুকূল (কোনকিছু) ) This situation is favorable to me for doing this.
- Overcome by ( দমন করা ) He was overcome by anger.
- Offended with ( বিরক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) I am offended with you at your conduct.
- In a hurry ( তাড়াহুড়ার মধ্যে ) Don't do the work in a hurry.
- In full swing ( পুরাদমে ) The school is now in full swing.
- Above board ( সংশয়হীন ভাবে নির্দোষ ) His activities are open and above board.
- At least ( অন্ততঃ ) At least one hundred boys will come to school today.
- Beat black and blue ( প্রচন্ড প্রহার করা ; উত্তম-মধ্যম দেওয়া ) They beat the thief black and blue.
- A blessing in disguise ( বিপরীতে হিত ; প্রথমে খারাপ হিসেবে মনে হলেও পরবর্তীতে ভালো হয় ) Sam's motorcycle accident was a blessing in disguise because he got enough insurance money.