EXAMPLE He is angry with me for speaking against him.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Adjacent to ( সংলগ্ন ) Her college is adjacent to her house.
- Render into ( অনুবাদ করা ) Render the passage into Hindi.
- Attend on ( সেবা করা ) She attends on her mother.
- Faith in ( বিশ্বাস ) I have no faith in him.
- Prone to ( ঝোঁক আছে এমন ) He is prone to idleness.
- Capable to ( সক্ষম ) He is capable of doing this alone.
- Widow's mite ( দরিদ্রর ক্ষুদ্র দান ) A widow's mite is no less important than a large contribution of a rich man.
- Man of straw ( অপদার্থ লোক ) We do not care a fig for a man of straw like him.
- Square meal ( পেট ভরা আহার ) He is too poor to have a square meal every day.
- A slow coach ( কর্মকুণ্ঠ ও মন্থর ব্যাক্তি ) Roky is known as a slow coach to his friend circle.
- Gala Day ( উৎসবের দিন ) The 15th August is a gala day to the Indians.
- For good ( চিরকালের জন্য ) He left the country for good.