EXAMPLE He is angry with me for speaking against him.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Proud of ( গর্বিত ) He is proud of his position.
- Excuse for ( অব্যাহতি দেওয়া ) He will not be excused for coming late.
- Quarrel for ( কলহ করা (কোনকিছু) ) They quarreled with one another for the property.
- Tolerant of ( সহিষ্ণু ) We must be tolerant of opposition.
- Acquainted with ( পরিচিত ) I am acquainted with her.
- Rid of ( মুক্ত হওয়া ) Get rid of bad company.
- Three R's ( প্রাথমিক শিক্ষা ) The majority of our people have not yet learnt the three R's.
- At dagger drawn ( খড়গহস্ত ) The two brothers are now at daggers drawn.
- At last ( অবশেষে ) I got my missing book at last.
- slap on the wrist ( মৃদু শাস্তি ) Although he broke the rules, he was only given a slap on the wrist
- On the contrary ( বিপরীত পক্ষে ) I do not hate him: on the contrary I love him.
- Part and parcel ( অবিচ্ছেদ্য অংশ ) Discipline is part and parcel of administration.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions