EXAMPLE I am angry at your conduct.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Respect to ( সম্বন্ধে ) We are talking with respect to that matter.
- Delight in ( আনন্দ ) He takes delight in music.
- Limited to ( সীমাবদ্ধ ) Invitation was limited to members only.
- Tired of ( ক্লান্ত ) I am Tired of doing the same thing day after day.
- Enter into ( প্রবেশ করা ) He entered into the room.
- Divert from ( অন্যদিকে নেওয়া ) The loud music diverted my attention from study.
- bad faith ( বিশ্বাসঘাতকতা )
- Widow's mite ( দরিদ্রর ক্ষুদ্র দান ) A widow's mite is no less important than a large contribution of a rich man.
- blue blood ( অভিজাত বংশের রক্ত বহনকারী )
- Build castles in the air ( আকাশ কুসুম চিন্তা করা ) Don't idle away your time in building castles in the air.
- By and large ( প্রধানতঃ ) People in our village are by and large farmers.
- End in smoke ( ব্যর্থ হওয়া ) All his plans ended in smoke.