EXAMPLE He has no ambition for fame in life.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Entitled to ( অধিকারী ) He is entitled to a reward for his honesty.
- Respond to ( উত্তর দেওয়া ) Nobody responded to my call.
- Favourable to ( অনুকূল (ব্যক্তি) ) This situation is favourable to me for doing this.
- Taste for ( রুচি ) She has no taste for music.
- Heir to ( উত্তরাধিকারী (সম্পত্তি) ) He is the heir to his uncle’s property.
- Divide between ( ভাগ করা (দুটি বা দুজন) ) Divide the apple between Raqib and Shafique.
- As it were ( যেন ) The sun is, as it were , the lamp of the universe.
- be bad at ( দক্ষ না হওয়া )
- At a low ebb ( নিম্নমুখী ) His fame is at a low ebb now.
- Turn over a new leaf ( নূতনের সূচনা ) After his failure he turned over a new leaf.
- Above all ( প্রধানত ; সর্বোপরি ) We should be kind, polite, and above all honest.
- clever hit ( কথার মতন কথা )