EXAMPLE Keep yourself aloof from bad company.
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Care of ( যত্ন নেওয়া ) Take care of your health.
- Confined in ( আবদ্ধ (কক্ষ) ) He is confined in a room for five days.
- Appetite for ( ক্ষুধা ) The patient has no appetite for food.
- Obstacle to ( বাধা ) Poverty is often obstacle to higher studies.
- Greed for ( লোভ ) He has no greed for wealth.
- Respond to ( উত্তর দেওয়া ) Nobody responded to my call.
- By the by ( প্রসঙ্গক্রমে ) By the by I came to know that he was ill.
- At bay ( কোনঠাসা ) The tiger was at bay in the bush.
- harp on the same string ( এক কথা বারবার বলা )
- By and by ( শীঘ্র ) He will come here by and by.
- At a low ebb ( নিম্নমুখী ) His fame is at a low ebb now.
- throw dust in ones hands full ( কারো চোখে ধূলো দেওয়া )