EXAMPLE Keep yourself aloof from bad company.
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Aptitude for ( স্বাভাবিক দক্ষতা ) I have no aptitude for Mathematics.
- Quarrel with ( কলহ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) They quarreled with one another for the property.
- Mad with ( উন্মাদ প্রায় ) He is mad with pain.
- Hope for ( আশা করা ) Let us hope for the best.
- Make out ( বুঝতে পারা ) I cannot make out what you say.
- Owe to ( ঋণী হওয়া ) I owe my all to him.
- Bed of roses ( আরামদায়ক অবস্থা ) Life is not a bed of roses.
- clever hit ( কথার মতন কথা )
- At once back and call ( বাধ্য ) He is always at my back and call.
- queer go ( অদ্ভুত ব্যপার )
- At dagger drawn ( খড়গহস্ত ) The two brothers are now at daggers drawn.
- A bed of roses thorns ( কন্টকময় জীবন ) Life is nothing but a bed of roses.